Alderton Counselling & Consulting offers personal counselling for individuals, couples and families out of offices located in both Lindsay & via phone or a secure tele-health network.
Approach to Counselling
Individuals can expect to receive a confidential, ethical service from a dedicated professional. Clients are assisted to explore their issues and are given the support and coping strategies to achieve their own self-defined goals. Past service users have reported that they feel comfortable, understood and supported while they took steps to improve their lives.
Many personal decisions are made and problems solved through discussions with friends, family or a physician. However, at times it is right to seek help away from one’s familiar daily environment. Seeking counselling is a positive way to help you focus on the issues that concern or trouble you, so you can understand them more clearly. You will be offered support and understanding and will be listened to and responded to in a non-judgmental way. Your values, choices and lifestyle will be treated with respect. Counselling can help you explore your feelings and discover what lays behind whatever seems troubling or confusing. Counselling can also help with making decisions, choices or changes that are right for you. Most personal, relationship or work problems can be helped through counselling.
Counselling is available for individuals, couples or families; youth 16 years of age and older are welcome. While teens over 16 years old can attend as independent individuals; for those under 18, a parent is required to attend the introductory part of the first session.
Areas of Counselling focus are:
- Abuse (emotional, verbal, physical, sexual)
- Anxiety, Panic, Obsessing
- Chronic or Terminal Illness
- Eating Problems
- Emergency First Responders (police, EMS, firefighters, emergency hospital personnel)
- Family Problems
- Gender / Sexual Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Mental Health
- Personal Growth/Self-Esteem
- PTSD and Complex PTSD (EMDR therapy is an available option)
- Relationship Issues
- Traumatic Incidents or Accidents (EMDR therapy is an available option)
- Work stress, conflict, work/life balance, new career
With Couple and Family Counselling areas of focus are:
- Strengthening Communication and Connection
- Reducing Conflict and Resentment
- Breach of Trust and Loss of Faith
- Regaining Intimacy
- Relationship Breakdown / Separation /Divorce
- Second Marriages or Blended Families (new relationships, their children, your children, our children, the ex-spouses)
- Adolescent or Adult Children Problems
- Caring for Elderly Parents or Adult Children
- Extended Families
Ready to take the first step? Please call Bella to book your appointment at: 705-341-6164